Using applied kinesiology for some conditions
The applied kinesiology may be used in the most various medicine industries. But there are various diseases that make its application extraordinarily effective:
- Hernias of intervertebral disks.
- Scolioses and disturbances of posture.
- Consequences of sports traumas.
1) The hernia of an intervertebral disk – is one of the most serious and excruciating diseases of backbone not only depriving a man of working capacity, but also not allowing to live normally due to constant megalgias and often leading to physical inability. When a conservative treatment does not give the due effect, the patient, as a rule, is directed to neurosurgeons who consider operative treatment a remedy of choice in that case. But an operation in case of intervertebral hernia does not guarantee a removal of the problem unfortunately. After holding of an operation there may be relapses or development of an intervertebral hernia at other levels, a segment above or lower.
A classical manual therapy in cases of hernias of intervertebral disks may not lead, in most cases, to a stable improvement. What may be the reason for it?
A hernia of intervertebral disk may not be considered as a purely mechanical process (i.e. the hernia evaginates, squeezes or irritates the nerve and it should be released). It is a complex process, it should be considered more as a hernial disease, - a set of biomechanical factors (neurothlipsia), distorted immune reaction, chronic uncompleted inflammation.
Alongside with mechanical nerve prelum or irritation there is an autoimmune conflict - the immune system of the organism perceives the tissue of the disk as an alien one and strives to blast it. Chronic incomplete inflammation plays a great role as well (the inflammation begins, develops but may not be completed and the process becomes chronic with all accompanying reactions: edema, venous and lymphatic stagnation, violation of microcirculation. Considering all these peculiarities, we may not approach the hernia of intervertebral disk as a mainly mechanical process. We can not reach any effect in such a way!
How can an applied kinesiology help in his case?
- Using special provocations and diagnostic sets we may reveal the reason of the distorted hyper immune reaction and influencing the reason for it "take down" quickly the autoimmune aggression.
- We may define the reason of chronic incomplete inflammation and "push" the process to resolving.
- Very often the proper nociceptive (analgetic) systems of the organism are exhausted and analgetics (anesthetizing remedies) cease to function very often in case of the existing painful syndrome. The applied kinesiology may as well assist in correcting the situation with the analgetic reaction.
- In the applied kinesiology there are provided special tests allowing to define precisely the level (segment) of violation and even a direction of the intervertebral hernia diverticulum. It enables to hold manual therapy most precisely and purposefully and avoid in such a way complications and undesirable reactions.
Summing up, we may say that thanks to the complex and integrated approach to the organism, a physician using the applied kinesiology methods may provide an effective aid even in serious cases of intervertebral hernias with radicular syndromes. And the initial medical effect (pain reducing, improvement of mobility, etc.) comes already after first 2-3 procedures, and the treatment course is usually a short one (though an approach in each case is individual taking into account the complexity of the process).
2) Scolioses and disturbances of posture are usually a "headache" for children's orthopedists and rehabilitation practitioners. So, what is the reason for it?
The scoliosis (functional) – a process that may be related to many reasons:
- disbalance of bones and skull seams with tensioning of the firm cerebral environment;
- dysfunction of internal organs (liver, gall bladder, stomach, intestine, kidneys, lungs) as it was said above, the basic large muscles are related with certain internal organs;
- disbalance of chest and belly diaphragm;
- somatic pelvic disfunction (disbalance of pelvic joints, muscles and ligaments) causing disbalance of backbone regions, etc.
The basic realizing role in development of scoliosis is played by the disbalance of muscles and ligaments, but nevertheless during the treatment it can not be taken as the main one. Any attempt to correct the muscular disbalance not having removed the basic problem (for example, ob the part of internal organs, bones and seams of skull, firm cerebral environment, joints, muscles and pelvic ligaments) will lead to failure. That is why during the treatment process the scoliosis or disturbance of posture often recur (after a temporary improvement, the deformation (curvature) increases again). But if the principal cause of muscular disbalance is found, an effective treatment may be held and a stable result achieved. There is even more complex a case with idiopathic scoliosis when it is very difficult to find out the reason of its development and progressing, but in this case as well the applied kinesiology may bring an invaluable help.
I am not speaking here of congenital (organic) scoliosis related to structural problems: sphenoid vertebra, anomalies of vertebra development, true shorting of leg with pelvic inclination, etc. when special actions are required. But in these cases the AK may also bring assistance due to an effective including of compensation mechanisms.
3) Consequences of sports traumas. Both for professional sportsmen and for amateurs the consequences of sports traumas made may represent a serious problem. In this case one or several muscles come out of normal functioning (reduction of tonus and power) and then a replacement of work of a muscle cascades with an activity of their synergists or a violation of work of antagonist muscles (rising of tonus) and, in such a way, a correct movement picture an impellent stereotype is broken. This process when the movement is made not in a correct way is unpleasant for a common man as well, let alone sportsmen. It entails a reduction of sports achievements, non-receiving of pleasure from trainings. It is hard to struggle with this process as the result of treatment depends directly on the fact how well the primarily damaged muscle is determined. But if the muscle is chosen correctly, we may achieve a fantastic result, even if there is an old sports trauma. The applied kinesiology may be of an extraordinary effect in these cases.
There is another important aspect of sports traumatism. it is a predisposition to traumas. As it is known, sports traumas may arise:
- at excessive (inadequate) exercise stresses
- insufficient preparing stage for trainings (insufficient warming up)
- what is called «on an open place» at an adverse coincidence of circumstances.
What do we mean by an adverse coincidence of circumstances?
As it was said above, the power and tonus of certain muscles are related to the state of certain internal organs and in cases of problems in corresponding internal organs, the work of the associated muscles (muscles connected to them) is violated. And if to add to this, exercise stress coincided with the time of biological weakness of this organ, the trauma is guaranteed. Traumas in the area of joints may develop due to relaxation of ligaments, fixing the joint. The state of ligaments and tendons depends in many respects on the condition of acupuncture meridians (their normal functioning). An acupuncture meridian is a set of active points related to a specific organ or a system of organism taking place in the form of a conditional line on the body of the person. When there are obvious problems or even latent ones in internal organs it is revealed at once on the power condition of the corresponding acupuncture meridian (reduction or increase of the energy level) and accordingly there develops a weakness of ligaments and tendons in a zone of its passage on the body and therefore an increased traumatic danger of the this area.
1) in case of problems of gall bladder or urine secretory system the copular apparatus weakens considerably in the field of external malleolus of anticnemion and an ankle joint may be twisted literally on an even place.
2) the so-called «elbow of a tennis player» may be related to disturbances of intestine. This problem can hardly be corrected in a usual way since very few people of physicians pay attention in this case to the condition of intestine that is the reason of this condition development.
The advantage of the AK consists in that the doctor using an applied kinesiology may look at the reason of the problem development and achieve fast and stable result.
Referring to sports training, it is impossible to let alone disturbances of metabolism: shift of acid-alkaline balance, aerobic and anaerobic disturbances, etc. If there are even moderate disturbances of metabolic processes it is hard to achieve results in sports as the metabolism in muscles is violated and reactions of muscles reduction-relaxation are violated, ATP development is changing and this is the major factor of power supply. In case of metabolic disturbances, the result of sports training or either absent or it should be achieve with excessive efforts and it forces the organism to work at deterioration.
The applied kinesiology allows to correct the situation without a use of dopes and other forbidden substances using simple substances for correction - specific mono-vitamins, microelements and minerals that are lost by organism in a heavy manner and can not be refilled at the expense of usual food diet.
4) Headaches – are a complex and extensive topic deserving a special attention.
From your permission I will stop in brief only on basic moments and advantages that may be given by the applied kinesiology when dealing with headaches.
Headaches may have different reasons. The following factors may play a role in headaches occurrence:
- disturbances of position and mobility of bones and seams of skull with a strain and deformation of the firm cerebral environment as result of patrimonial skull trauma or the ones received during the life time. It may lead to intracranial hypertension, cerebral vascular disturbances and other unpleasant signs
- disturbances of cervical department of backbone c) problems of trigeminal nerve
- stable recurring strain of certain muscles of neck and shoulder girdles, the so-called «headache of strain», in this situation trigger points, muscular and facial deformations formed in muscles may cause headaches that are rather intensive enough and unpleasant as to their symptoms
- chronic intoxication of organism. I would mention here most frequent reasons of headaches even though hundreds of various reasons may cause a headache, and each specific case is certainly individual
The situation is rather complicated when the reason of headaches is not clear.
For example: a patient is annoyed with headaches, he or she makes every possible tests, makes various analyses, goes through a computer tomography, but all the diagnostic actions taken do not allow to receive a straight answer about the reason of headache. It would seem there are no severe disturbances, but there is still a headache nevertheless. In the applied kinesiology there is a precise and consecutive system of special tests allowing to evaluate the state of the central nervous system, craniocerebral nerves, firm cerebral environment, cervical spinal cord segments, and muscles of cervical and humeral region - i.e. the systems of organism the disturbances in that may one by one or together be the reason of headaches. There is also an opportunity to define the factors playing the principal role and the ones playing the secondary one.
And when the reason is clear, it is much easier to find an effective way of relieve the sufferings. As it was noted above, the body will itself tell you about the method that will bring the best result: cranial osteopathy, manual therapy, muscular-fascial release, acupressure massage or a combination of methods.